Website Lenox Executive Search
12+ month CONTRACT Hybrid role with potential to extend. 3+ years of Supply Chain Management and/or Procurement experience. This a Laboratory Sourcing role so candidate must have Strong knowledge of Drug discover (Chemistry, Biology, etc.)
Lenox Executive Search is seeking an experienced Sourcing Buyer to fill an 12+ month contractual role with a large global pharmaceutical company in Cambridge, MA. Must have some Pharma/Biotech industry experience.
REQUIREMENTS for the Laboratory Sourcing Buyer:
- 3+ years professional experience in supply chain management and/or Procurement
- Some Supply Chain experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry
- Strong knowledge of drug discovery (chemistry, biology, etc.)
- Knowledge and comfortable with information technology applications including but not limited to Ariba SAP, ServiceNow and Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Teams, etc.)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to manage challenges, resolve problems and improve processes
- Exceptional written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Be accountable and results oriented
- Outstanding business acumen as well as commercial and financial understanding
- Legal contract and some accounting experience desired
- Strong interpersonal skills and an effective cross-functional communicator
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Comfortable working in a fast pace environment
RESPONSIBILITIES of the Laboratory Sourcing Buyer:
- Responsible for purchasing and procurement of lab consumables as well as tracking of assigned items from suppliers to delivery
- Monitoring/maintenance of safety stock levels, slow moving items and Inventory turn rate.
- Assist with service purchase orders and accruals process
- Part of information flow between supplier, Research business partners and other cross-function groups (Procurement, Facilities, EHS, etc.) on an operational level.
- Communicate transparent and up-to-date supply plans to internal stakeholders. Monitor execution of agreed plans, measure performance and solve and communicate any deviations from agreed plans.
- Order management and supplier relations: Create purchase orders. Coordinate/monitor deliveries and periodically monitor delivery dates – take care of order confirmation. Check and expedite purchase orders and re-work purchase orders if necessary.
- Manage administrative order related tasks, e.g., order process for return shipments (credit note), reconciliations for mismatching quantities on invoices, missing shipping documents, etc.
- Assist with service purchase orders and accruals process.
- Issue management: align with Business Operations teams, senior leadership and internal stakeholders.
- Support/ initiate process improvement projects for both process logic and process performance topics; proactively push problem/issue solving and defend against approaching delivery problems as integral part of securing supply.
- Keep track of stakeholders’ requirements and identify the urgency of their needs. Derive appropriate actions, ensure follow-ups and report on progress.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $35.00 – $42.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Cambridge, MA 02138: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Are you vaccinated?
- Supply Chain Management and/or Procurement: 3 years (Required)
- Pharma/Biotech supply chain industry: 1 year (Required)
- Drug Discovery (Chemistry, Biology): 2 years (Preferred)
- Laboratory Sourcing: 1 year (Preferred)