Website Lenox Executive Search
1 Year Contract – Framingham, MA – Potential Temp to Perm
With a focus on rare diseases and multiple sclerosis, we are dedicated to making a positive impact on the lives of the patients and families we serve. Our portfolio of transformative therapies, which are marketed in countries around the world, represent groundbreaking and life-saving advances in medicine. We benefit from the reach and resources of one of the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies, with a shared commitment to improving the lives of patients.
This position is part of Process Science in Global Manufacturing Science & Analytical Technology (MSAT) and is based at the biologic’s hub. The global MSAT team is within the Industrial Affairs Specialty Care organization.
The Team is responsible for providing laboratory-based technical support. The Team recently designed a state-of-the-art laboratory with capabilities to support small-scale models of the commercial cell culture and purification operations, as well as analytical testing.
The Process Science team member will:
• Execute protein purification studies using AKTA instrumentation
• Perform some protein characterization work such as UV spectrophotometry for protein concentration and HPLC (high performance liquid chromatography) for product purity to support in-process sample testing and quality control
• Participate in design and execution of experiments using small-scale models, analyze and interpret results, and recommend additional experiments. Utilize this knowledge to expand process understanding and drive improvements in the commercial manufacturing operations including improving process robustness/reliability.
• Apply design space knowledge to support effective investigations and root cause analysis
• Use scientific principles and professional practices to solve a range of complex problems in creative and practical ways
• Author protocols, technical reports, data analysis summaries, and SOPs
Preferred Qualifications include:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Biology, or relevant field with 0-3 years of experience
• Effective communication & presentation skills
• Hands-on experience with AKTA instrumentation for protein purification preferred, but not required
*Please send resume on word document