Website Lenox Executive Search
Lenox Executive Search is seeking a highly motivated scientist to support our drug discovery efforts against protein and RNA targets. The candidate will have a proven track record in either RNA or protein biochemistry. The candidate will join a small team of biochemists and structural biologists working in a fast-paced environment. Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills will be required.
- Execute and optimize purification procedures for protein-RNA complexes for Cryo-EM
- Execute biophysical methods to QC protein-RNA samples ahead of structural work
- Hands-on Cryo-EM grid preparation and grid optimization
- Support X-ray crystallization efforts for protein-RNA complexes using automated screening systems
- Participate in experimental design and independently conduct experiments
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to present results at project team or other meetings are essential.
- PhD in Structural Biology, Biochemistry, Biophysics or relevant field with 0-2 years post-degree experience, or MS (or relevant degree) with 5+ years of relevant experience
- Track record of hands-on accomplishments in either protein or RNA Biochemistry and/or Structural Biology
- Previous use of manual and automated chromatography systems
- Use of biochemical techniques (e.g. Western blot, SDS-PAGE, etc.)
- Familiarity with Cryo-EM sample preparation, grid screening and optimization is a plus