Website Lenox Executive Search
6++ months Contractual role with strong potential to extend and/or convert to permanent. Open to remote candidates for contract period but need to be local to Boston area if they were to be converted to full-time.
Lenox Executive Search is seeking an experienced Sr. Manager, Publications Oncology to fill an 6++ month contractual Temp-to-Perm role with a global pharmaceutical company in Boston, MA. Must have strong publications experience (2++ years).
REQUIREMENTS for the Sr. Manager, Publications Oncology:
- Advanced degree (PhD, PharmD, or equivalent) in a scientific discipline (preferred) or a minimum of Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline plus commensurate long-term experience within pharmaceutical or biotech industry
- 3+ years of healthcare or related experience, including 2+ years of experience with the development and execution of medical publications, including medical writing experience, within medical affairs in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry or within a medical communications agency, is essential
- Oncology experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge of pertinent external guidelines related to industry publications, and current standards of good publication practice (GPP3)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Ability to work well independently and under pressure
- Strong capabilities and experience with resource allocation and vendor management
- Ability to interpret and present complex medical and scientific data
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of pharmaceutical clinical development and product life-cycle management
- Experience with publications management databases such as Datavision
- Working experience in cross-functional teams within the pharmaceutical or related industry
- Experience with development of medical publication strategy and management of consultants and vendors
- Technical Skills: Advanced PC skills, including Datavision, MS Project, Word, Excel, Power Point, and SharePoint
OBJECTIVES/PURPOSE of the Sr. Manager, Publications Oncology:
- Responsible for leading the development and execution of global strategic publication plans for the assigned oncology products/programs, based on medical strategies, transparency requirements, and data availability.
- Subject matter expertise in ethical standards and relevant industry guidelines related to scientific publications best practices (eg ICMJE and GPPs). This position requires a strong scientific and analytical background, preferably in life sciences.
- Lead the development of global strategic publication plans in coordination with relevant cross-functional teams (including members of medical affairs, clinical development, and outcomes research; global, regional, or local); lead the publications planning team; manage the development of publications for external audiences, including, but not limited to, manuscripts, abstracts, posters, and oral presentations; manage vendors, freelancers, and available contractors, writers, and editors in the execution of the tactical publication plan; and manage annual budget planning for each assigned compound.
- Responsible for driving the publications process and ensuring compliance with global standards, and for ensuring accuracy and scientific rigor of publications.
- Serve as the primary liaison with internal and external opinion leaders, investigators, authors, partners, and affiliates on publication activities related to the compounds/programs.
- Play an active role in providing guidance and training to Publications department colleagues on publication strategy development and tactical execution best practices, and will lead and/or participate in the development and review of publications SOPs and Work Practices, where appropriate.