Website Lenox Executive Search
- Lenox Executive Search is seeking a Senior Application Development Analyst to join the Data, Technology and Engineering (DTE) team in San Diego, CA.
- We invite a highly motivated and independent individual to help interface with our Research Scientists in developing custom software solutions.
- The candidate should have demonstrated experience in developing software solutions that address challenging problems within the Pharmaceutical/Biotech Research area, particularly in supporting high throughput screening (HTS) data analysis and visualization workflows.
A Masters or PhD in Biology, Biochemistry, or Chemistry is preferred, or a computer science degree with 6+ years at a pharmaceutical or biotech company.
*** Our primary focus is on developing web applications using Angular, Vue or Ext JS frameworks, with Python middle layer and MySQL or Oracle back end.
The initial part of the responsibilities will be to provide operational support to our biology teams by creating and maintaining database stored procedures in Oracle which process research data, creating data parsers to integrate instruments and workflows into Genedata and to migrate existing code to our new frameworks. This will feed into a larger effort to build a modern data platform to support scientific activities. You will work with many of the brightest people around, from our multidisciplinary team in DTE, to our partners in Research, Data Science, and Computational Sciences.
- 6+ years experience in software development, preferably at a pharmaceutical or biotech company
- Demonstrated web development expertise, using Angular, Vue, or ExtJS frameworks
- Scientific background in Biology, Biochemistry, or Chemistry
- Experience in API development and data visualization is a plus
- Experience with project management, data visualization and/or UI/UX is a plus
- Experience with AWS strongly preferred
- Experience with Genedata APIs is a plus