Website Lenox Executive Search
6 months contract – potential for extension
• Under general supervision, performs a wide range of assigned research experiments with
efficiency, accuracy and attention to detail (e.g. selects methods, troubleshoots routine
• Executes experiments in sequence, one dependent on another
• Exercises technical judgement in execution of specialized procedures and interpretation of
• Carries out basic bioanalytical support of in vivo studies via RT-qPCR.
• Conducts method development of novel compounds on qPCR systems.
• Capable of executing and completing a number of experiments independently and simultaneously.
• Conducts basic maintenance and troubleshooting of qPCR systems.
• Keeps an accurate, comprehensive, and concise notebook in accordance with company policy.
• Maintains a safe and organized lab bench.
• Communicates with colleagues effectively.
• Learns to perform techniques and experiments using scientific methods.
• With frequent guidance, detailed direction and instruction, executes experiments with appropriate controls.
• Prioritizes a limited number of tasks and techniques through to completion with quality results.
• Identifies routine obstacles to progress.
• Learns how to present research data to functional project team.
• Education in a life science or chemistry-related discipline.
• Experience in sample preparation for qPCR analysis is desired.
• Experience in primer and probe design for qPCR is desired.
• Experience with Phoenix is desired, but not required.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Ability and passion to learn, adapt, and grow to constantly changing environment.
• Experience in ELISA, MSD, and/or LC-MS/MS is a plus, but not requirement
• Initiates routine problem investigation and recommends solutions
• Performs calculations and basic analysis on experimental results and develops hypotheses
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS:
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise (Breadth and depth of knowledge, application, and complexity of technical knowledge)
• Demonstrates technical knowledge of a scientific discipline
• Understands specific scientific mechanisms of why a procedure works
• Receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new assignments
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
• BS degree in a scientific discipline, or equivalent
*Please send resume on word document