Website Lenox Executive Search
12+ month Contract role with strong potential to convert to permanent for the right candidate. LOCAL BOSTON/LEXINGTON MA candidates required, may be remote or hybrid to start. Rate is flexible and commensurate based on experience.
Lenox Executive Search is seeking an experienced Associate Director/Global Procurment Finance to fill an 12+ month contractual role, with potential to convernt to permanent, with a global pharmaceutical company in Boston, MA. Must have 10+ years’ experience in Procurement and procurement technology with a focus on strategic sourcing, contract management and buying channels.
**In addition to Procurement skills, candidates should have experience on setting up systems and processes, and specifically building a buying channels strategy and systems to facilitate procurement operations. Candidate must have demonstrated ability to step in the shoes of a procurement user and understand processes, buying channels for the full End to End process, not just sourcing. **
REQUIREMENTS for the Associate Director/Global Procurment Finance:
- BA or BS required, MBA or Masters Degree with Supply Chain/Procurement emphasis preferred
- At least 10 years in progressive procurement leadership role.
- Demonstrated experience with procurement technology and systems
- Procurement qualification (e.g. ISM, IPMM, or MCIPS) valued.
- Exceptional organization and communication skills
- Exceptionally skilled at stakeholder management.
- Experience working in a complex global environment, understands international business practices, customs and markets.
- Pharmaceutical Industry Experience preferred
- Global process implementation & change management initiatives experience
- Technical expertise in procurement operations, procurement and procurement technology , including experience of contracts, e-sourcing and more generally ERP systems.
- Excellent knowlege of SAP/Ariba and buying channels.
- Successful track record of designing, and project managing process and systems improvement programs that achieved desired results.
- Business and corporate financial acumen
- Track record of process improvement using disciplined methodology, i.e. Lean and/or Six Sigma
RESPONSIBILITIES of the Associate Director/Global Procurment Finance:
- Engage in an active partnership with Global Procurement teams, Business stakeholders, the Company Business Solution (CBS), Legal, Finance and IT to deliver strategic vision and best in class internal operations, with a key focus on users experience
- Monitor & analyze current Sourcing, contracting and related buying channels processes, systems and performance, efficiency, end-user experience. Support the definition of processes and policies, supply business rules and procedures, and communicate the contexts in which the rules, processes and polices are applied.
- Standardize services to maximize efficiency and customer experience in ways that align to global benchmarks and allow for flexibility at the regional/local/category level. This includes:
- Developping strong understanding of existing global and regional processes, ways of working and systems. Consolidate the voices of the regions and business units by collecting requirements, staying abreast of changing business needs and industry best practices.
- Providing business and Procurement users with regionally relevant process, system & data quality which are ‘fit-for-purpose’ in order to enable them to effectively operate
- Obtain or provide approval for changes to rules, processes and policies.
- Ensuring training & communication channels are kept up to date and relevant
- Pro-actively identify and champion industry best practices. Identify continuous improvement opportunities and provide critical inputs to solution. Actively drive the design and implementation of the initiatives, in close collaboration with CI champions and Operational teams.
- Lead the design and construction of test cases, and implementation phases of all new processes and tools, ensuring suitable regional input to new solutions. Work with partner functions to validate executed test results.
- Introduce and leverage digital, automation, and contemporary technology e.g. AI, big data and work with the Company Business Services (CBS) and IT to implement. Champions adoption by the global procurement community.
- Develop and roll out implementation plan and communication plan, develop trainings ; lead change management activities.
- Ensure a positive end-user experience when interacting with Procurement systems and processes, including:
- Information (training material, SOP’s/guidelines, process documentation, general systems communication, etc)
- Providing third line support on process execution queries. Identifying issues that require escalation to the Global Process Lead for process improvements.
- Rolling out ad hoc improvement projects across the region to augment effectiveness and efficiency
- Working with relevant IS/IT support to ensure system access channels are maintained.
- Support in the development of procurement capabilities of individuals and of the organization aligned with global strategy and goals.