Website Lenox Executive Search
6 month contract role that is likely to extend. Must be on-site.
Lenox Executive Search is seeking an experienced Automation Engineer, Human Assay Technologies to fill a 6 month contract role with a global pharmaceutical company in Boston, MA. Must have experience with lab automation.
Automation Engineer, Human Assay Technologies
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with a strong foundation in engineering and must have experience with lab automation, including equipment from one or more of the following vendors: Hamilton, HighRes, BioSero, Thermo CRS, Agilent, and/or Beckman Coulter. The successful candidate will be the first level of automation support in our high throughput screening and cell culture labs and will assist with adapting assay protocols to automated systems, setting up automated runs on robotic systems, troubleshooting errors as they occur, routine liquid handler and dispenser QC, minor mechanical repair, and IT related troubleshooting and escalation. In addition to the vendors listed above, familiarity with liquid handling instrumentation (e.g. Bravo, Biomek, Hamilton Star, or similar) and detection instrumentation (e.g. Envision, PheraStar, FLIPR, or similar) is a plus.
- Assist discovery project teams with setting up, monitoring, and successfully completing daily automated runs
- Create and test new scheduler methods on our fully automated robotic platforms
- Create, test, and QC new methods on liquid handlers and other benchtop equipment
- Troubleshoot and escalate errors as required
- Routine maintenance of equipment
- BS with a minimum of 3 years of industry experience programing and maintaining lab automation
- Strong understanding of mechanical and software processes related to integrated equipment
- Experience in a primary screening and small molecule drug discovery setting
- Self-motivation, independence, organization, and effective communication skills; adept in solving/troubleshooting complex problems as well as the ability to navigate a fast-paced work environment
- A desire to be part of a highly innovative company aimed at transforming the lives of people with serious diseases, their families and society