Website Lenox Executive Search
6++ month Contractual role with strong possibility of extension. Must have 2-3 Contracts Management experience as well as some Pharma/Biotech experience.
Lenox Executive Search is seeking an experienced Contracts Specialist to fill an 6+ month contractual renewable role with a global pharmaceutical company in Boston, MA.
**This role will begin remotely and will transition to an onsite role once it is safe to do so.**
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-3 Contracts management experience
- Some experience in pharmaceutical/biotech companies
- Strong negotiation and organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with standard office software applications (MS Excel/Word/PowerPoint)
- Ability to work well independently and with others
- Effective cross-disciplinary communication skills and an eagerness to creatively engage the Company legal team, scientists, and business leaders to fully understand complex issues and craft innovative solutions
- The intellectual curiosity, critical thinking, systems experience and drive to offer comprehensive solutions to the team, consisting of Scientists, Finance, and Legal representatives, etc., to ensure the successful, standardized organization of our research and preclinical agreements.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with outsourcing and competitive bids highly desirable
- Experience with SharePoint and iManage or other similar tools desirable
Day to day duties:
- Drafting and negotiation of various preclinical and research agreements using legal templates
- Manage vendor relationships and negotiations
- Supports cross-functional relationships with Preclinical Safety Assessment, Bioanalysis, DMPK, Research, Legal, Corporate Compliance (OBIE), Finance, and Strategic Sourcing groups
- Schedule and lead meetings and contract negotiations with business representatives, draft meeting minutes when appropriate
- Keep track of terms and key issues relating to ongoing agreements
- Enter agreements and associated data into a database and financial management systems
- Keep updated files and prepare reports as required
- Supplier management and negotiations related to cost, terms, etc.
- Performs follow-up activities for accounts payable/procurement issues as necessary for relevant functional groups
- Works closely With Legal, Preclinical Safety Assessment, Bioanalysis, DMPK, and Pharmaceuticals Sciences groups and other relevant functional groups for review and escalation of contract and budget issues