Website Lenox Executive Search
Lenox Executive Search is seeking a Senior Data Scientist to join the team of in-silico immunologists and lead in silico analytical projects for patient stratification and novel target identification in the fields of Type 2 Immunity and Fibrosis, Immune Checkpoint Biology, Type 1 Diabetes, Autoimmunity and Innate Immunity.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in the development and application of statistical and computational methods to solve biological problems, excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to learn and acquire new techniques and methodologies. The candidate is expected to lead and execute analytical projects and develop analytical strategies for the identification of novel therapeutic targets and the discovery of predictive biomarkers to aid patient stratification and clinical development plans.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
• Work on projects to Identify candidate therapeutic targets and biomarkers for immunology, through integrated analysis of high-throughput molecular data and clinical phenotypes
• Develop innovative and creative computational approaches to understand complex immune conditions using multi-dimensional –omics and clinical data
• Work in close collaboration with data science and IT functions to develop software for data integration and target analysis
• Collaborate with wet-lab and computational scientific teams and champion projects from discovery to early clinical development.
• Establish interactions with collaborators within and outside the Immunology and Inflammation Research and Early Development Therapeutic Area.
• Prepare publications, research and clinical/regulatory documentation in accordance with company’s quality standards.
• Multiple years of project-based work in computational application in biology related fields
• Experience with analyzing gene expression data from RNA-sequencing or microarray
• Proficiency in analyzing data with R, Matlab or Python
• Working knowledge of Linux/HPC and shell scripting
• Strong interest in biology and immunological diseases, liaise with scientists from Immunology and Inflammation to help define and address biological questions with computational and analytical approaches
• PhD or MS in computational biology, computer science, statistics, or a related quantitative science field
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal and team skills
• Proficiency in biostatistics, linear/non-linear regression models, dimensionality reduction, clustering, machine learning approaches including SVMs, and Random Forest
• Ability to develop, benchmark and apply predictive algorithms to identify novel biomarkers, dissect relationships and generate hypotheses
• Experience with Bayesian analysis and causal inference