Website Lenox Executive Search
Lenox Executive Search is looking to fill two contract roles with one of our global pharmaceutical clients for a Environmental Health and Safety Specialist. This role will require you to be on-site in either Framingham or Cambridge. This is a two-year contract.
Objectives of an Environmental Health and Safety Specialist:
- Implementing, monitoring, and participating in the development of site environmental, health and safety programs (Contractor Safety, Ergonomics, Laboratory and Chemical Safety, Hazardous Waste, Wastewater, etc.)
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local environmental and occupational regulations and permits (Department of Environmental Protection, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Massachusetts Water Resources Authority).
- Leading risk assessment processes, including, but not limited to job hazard analyses, hazardous chemical and ergonomics.
- Conducting comprehensive environmental, health and safety inspections of laboratories and facilities.
- Providing technical assistance and advice to laboratory managers and employees regarding environmental health and safety issues.
- Conducting accident/incident investigations.
- Serving as lead on certain environmental, health and safety projects.
- Providing initial in remote/in-person response to afterhours and weekend emergencies for initial size up.
Requirements of a Environmental Health and Safety Specialist:
- Performing work that requires decision making and the consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion.
- Effective communicator and solutions-oriented problem solver
- Prior HSE experience in academic or commercial R&D facilities
- Familiar with HSE-MS concepts
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university Industrial Hygiene, Safety, Environmental Science or similar
- BS in Safety, Biology, Chemistry, Env. Science etc is needed.
- Experience 5-7 years is ideal.
- Experience in completing site safety inspections, completing Job Hazard Analyses, chemical and hazardous waste knowledge, ergonomics, and biosafety experience is very helpful.
- Able to assist in Influencing others, listening, and being problem solvers.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: From $50.00 per hour
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Which site would be your preference? Framingham or Cambridge?
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- HSE: 6 years (Preferred)