Website Lenox Executive Search
1 Year Onsite CONTRACT role with potential to extend. 2+ years relevant experience required.
Lenox Executive Search is seeking an experienced Histologist to fill an 12+ month contractual role with a global pharmaceutical company in .Cambridge, MA. Must have standard histochemical staining experience, either manual and automated.
REQUIREMENTS for the Histologist:
- Minimum Bachelors degree
- Must have standard histochemical staining experience (either manual and automated), will train on an automated process
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Strong Communication Skills
- Enthusiastic and highly organized
- Sectioning experience (cutting tissue)
- IHC Experience is a strong plus!
- ASCP Histology certification or other relevant histology certifications preferred
RESPONSIBILITIES of the Histologist:
- Assisting with receiving samples from the investigator and registering them into the laboratory information system (Lablion). Hiring Manager will train on this system if necessary.
- Sampling of tissues from laboratory rodents (mice and rats)
- Following the laboratory’s procedures for specimen handling and processing
- Performing routine histology laboratory activities, including tissue trimming, processing, embedding and ensuring proper tissue orientation
- Sectioning of paraffin-embedded and frozen tissue samples
- Preparing stains and reagents needed for special procedures
- Performing a variety of standard histochemical stains (manual and automated) for pathology evaluation (H&E, PAS, Trichrome)
- Following established protocols to support IHC lab activities
- Supporting various daily lab functions such as manual and automated equipment maintenance and cleaning, recording of equipment log data accurately, sample log and inventory management
- Being an active participant during lab meetings
- Familiarity with laboratory SOPs and safety protocols. Reporting all safety issues to the team leadership
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $35.00 – $48.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Cambridge, MA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Are you vaccinated?
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Histology: 2 years (Preferred)
- standard histochemical staining: 2 years (Preferred)
- sectioning (cutting tissue): 2 years (Preferred)
- IHC: 1 year (Preferred)
- ASCP Histology Certification (Preferred)