Website Lenox Executive Search
Temp-to-Perm ONSITE Contract role. 3-5 years Pharmaceutical Lab experience required.
Lenox Executive Search is seeking an experienced Lab Instrumentation Engineer to fill an Temp-to-Perm contractual role with a global pharmaceutical company in San Diego, CA. Must have expereince with calibrations (Balances, Centrifuges, Incubators) and CMMS.
REQUIREMENTS for the Lab Instrumentation Engineer:
- 3-5 years of experience in biotech / pharmaceutical lab instrumentation maintenance. Background as a manufacturer trained technician highly beneficial.
- Associates degree and/or extensive experience preferred.
- Experience with calibrations (balances, centrifuges, incubators)
- Familiarity and knowledge of a variety of lab equipment including; washers and dispensers, centrifuges, evaporation systems, lyophilizers, vacuum pumps, plate readers, and incubators.
- Working knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) & Microsoft Office Suite
- Work with focus and attention to detail to ensure documentation of maintenance activities and record keeping is accurate
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple instrumentation service needs and timelines.
- Mechanical aptitude, ability to work independently, detail oriented
- Ability to explain maintenance activities clearly and explicitly, both verbal and written to instrumentation end users.
- Possess strong customer service acumen
- Ability to lift or move up to 50 lbs
RESPONSIBILITIES of the Lab Instrumentation Engineer:
- Perform initial diagnosis, troubleshooting, and repairs on lab instrumentation malfunctions.
- Communicate and troubleshoot lab instrumentation issues with end users and technical support personnel.
- Perform manufacturer recommended preventative maintenance on lab instrumentation according to SOPs, work instructions, or technical bulletins.
- Update preventative maintenance and certification schedules for instrumentation program.
- Schedule and coordinate external vendor instrumentation service visits and repairs as needed.
- Update end users within the CMMS instrumentation service order system with service details and schedules.
- Update lab instrumentation database.
- Work as team with scientific departments, EHS, Facilities, and Lab Services to ensure efficient and effective lab operations.
- Assist in new instrumentation installation process from purchase approval through on-site operation.
- Assist in the lab instrument/asset decommissioning process.
- Update and reorder parts for on-site parts inventory program.
- Coordinate lab equipment relocations within the laboratories