Website Lenox Executive Search
12++ month CONTRACT role with strong potential to extend. Onsite in Boston, MA. We seek a highly organized individual responsible for upkeep of day-to-day lab processes and working alongside researchers to enable their science. Ideally seeking someone who has been working in lab (wet work) and is looking to transition off the bench.
Lenox Executive Search is seeking an experienced Lab Manager to fill an 12+ month extendable contractual role with a global pharmaceutical company in Boston, MA.. REQUIRED- Bachelor’s degree with Pharma industry experience as a lab manager or in a lab environment.
Requirements of the Lab Manager:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Pharma industry experience as a lab manager or in a lab environment (2-4 years preferred).
- Experience in lab – wet work, probably someone who is looking to transition off the bench
- Strong communication skills – will be interacting with a lot of different people
- Self-motivated, independent, organized, and an effective communicator
- Has the ability to navigate a fast-paced work environment
- A desire to be part of a highly innovative company aimed at transforming the lives of people with serious diseases, their families and society
Responsibilities of the Lab Manager:
- Lab equipment management including scheduling of preventative maintenance and service visits, vendor coordination, and tracking of instrument QC status
- Lab organization and cleanouts. Make sure scientists have what they need. Keep lab clean.
- Desk and lab bench assignments
- Manage equipment moves
- Manage lab supplies and order additional supplies when necessary
- Act as a safety advocate and perform routine lab inspections to ensure compliance
- Work with Green Team on sustainability initiatives
- Purchase/Repair equipment
- Help facilitate Lab of Our Future lab-based upgrades
- Foster good working relationships with researchers, facilities, vendors, and safety partners