Website Lenox Executive Search
12+ month CONTRACT onsite contract role with potential for Overtime and also extension. Must have some experience in a Pharmaceutical Lab. Rate is flexible and commensurate with experience.
Lenox Executive Search is seeking an experienced Pharma Lab Systems Engineer to fill an X12+ month contractual role with a global pharmaceutical company in Framingham, MA. Must have 1-5 years IT Systems experience.
REQUIREMENTS for the Lab Systems Engineer:
- Must Have Experience in Pharmaceutical Lab
- Ability and Comfortability to Gown up for Lab Access
- Minimum of 1-5 Years experience in IT
- Microsoft operating systems knowledge (XP, W7, W10 and server 2008, 2012, 2016)
- Networking essentials, TCP/IP, VLAN concept, firewall, remote administration, Active Directory use
- Scripting knowledge (DOS command line, vbscript, Powershell, Robocoy,…)
- Knowledge of lab instrumentation, such as balances, pH meters, HPLCs, etc…, more specifically experience with network connectivity of these instruments.
- Knowledge of serial-to-IP convertors (Moxa, Lantronix, …) and knowledge of and experience with peripheral equipment in general.
- Documentation skills: being able to write detailed specifications.
- Flexible, service-oriented, good communication skills in English.
- Be able to work independently, and well organized.
NICE TO HAVE for the Lab Systems Engineer:
- Prior experience with GMP, GAMP5 and CFR21Part11 are a plus.
- Certifications in Networking
- ServiceNow experience is plus
RESPONSIBILITIES of the Lab Systems Engineer:
Supporting the different lab equipment and systems in the quality and MSAT labs at Boston hub sites.
The work package will consist of:
- Interface implementation, based on pre-defined standards, of laboratory equipment and enrolling them into quality processes
- Researching and documenting Moxa convertor configuration settings (dependent on the lab instrument specifics) and executing the implementation.
- Scripting file transfer from laboratory equipment to file server, including document parsing where needed.
- Configuring lab workstations (Windows 7 to Windows10)
- Determining and requesting firewall rules (port, protocol) that are required to allow communication of the lab equipment
- Providing detailed documentation for different lab equipment connectivity, file transfer specifics, as well as the actual implementation of the interfacing for each laboratory instrument.
- Collaborating and communicate with corporate colleagues, as well as frequent contacts and meetings with site SME’s.