Website Lenox Executive Search
6+ + month CONTRACT role with strong potential to extend for the right candidate. Must have a Doctoral degree and thorough understanding of the Pharmaceutical industry. Remote OK or hybrid onsite in Cambridge, MA a couple days/week (preferred).
Lenox Executive Search is seeking an experienced Medical Information and Review Manager to fill an 6+ month contractual role with one of the world’s top ten largest global pharmaceutical company. Must have a firm understanding of the drug development process including key phases, processes, and techniques utilized for both pre- and post-marketing research studies.
REQUIREMENTS of the Medical Information & Review Manager:
- The qualified candidate will have a doctoral degree in a health sciences related field such as a PharmD, MD or Ph.D., with a thorough grasp of the pharmaceutical industry.
- 1-2 years of healthcare or related experience (managed markets, clinical practice, research or academic) following award of doctoral degree.
- Possesses good communication skills, both oral and written, and able to engender trust and respect of peers, subordinates and superiors.
- Well-versed in highly technical and scientific languages in order to communicate with key Thought Leaders, Medical Affairs, Research and Development, as well as other key internal and external stakeholders.
- Firm understanding of the drug development process including key phases, processes, and techniques utilized for both pre- and post-marketing research studies.
- Proven track record of teamwork, leadership, timely decision making and results orientation in meeting objectives.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Therapeutic area experience(Oncology)
- Clinical, research, or teaching experience.
- Board Certification in therapeutic area of interest.
ACCOUNTABILITIES of the Medical Information & Review Manager:
- Develop, maintain, and provide high quality medical and scientific information, including Standard and Custom Response Letters, Clinical Dossiers, and FAQs to both internal and external customers.
- Grant formal approval via signature authority for the cross-functional promotional review activities including:
- 1) providing strategic scientific consults on brand messages,
- 2) reviewing promotional materials for content and accuracy,
- 3) coordinate the development and review and approval of clinical data on file to support promotional claims
- Formulate medical responses and recommendations (including errata) as requested by scientific journals and organizations.
- Direct and coach the Medical Information Contact Center staff on handling of “routine” cases; monitor and manage complex “escalated” cases from the Medical Information Contact Center.
- Support product booths at professional scientific meetings and train commercial colleagues about information request procedures and issues at sales meetings to assure legal and regulatory compliance.
- Conducts strategic assessment (gap analysis) of medical information needs within the therapeutic area and develops fulfillment strategies. Enhance medical and product knowledge within the broader organization by disseminating actionable medical insights on a consistent basis.
- Develop and delivers programs for ongoing training of departmental colleagues, Contact Center personnel, sales groups and support of Scientific Associate Directors.
- Serve as Medical Information representative at Regional Medical Strategy Team meetings.
- Develops strategies and initiatives that improve and streamline current processes with US Medical Affairs to improve medical information services to internal and external customers.
- Coordinate with medical affairs colleagues, vendor and outsource provider to develop content to be disseminated via multiple communication channels (internal, MICC, MedConnect).
- Create, maintain and communicate metrics and key performance indicators to Senior Leadership