Website Lenox Executive Search
Hybrid schedule Hybrid – mainly remote, but with the option to go into local Company office(s) as needed.
Lexington/Cambridge/Boston area, MA – & Chicago area, IL candidates can be considered
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE for the Paralegal:
- Corporate Governance and Subsidiary experience
- Management skills within Paralegal functions.
- Well Versed in MS Outlook and Word/Excel
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or Paralegal Certificate; equivalent education and/or experience considered
- At least 3 years of corporate governance, paralegal or similar experience.
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to work a varied schedule based on the needs of the team.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office proficiency (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- In-house legal experience is strongly preferred, but not required.
- Pharmaceutical experience is strongly preferred, but not required.
OBJECTIVES/PURPOSE for the Paralegal:
• Provide paralegal support to team focused on a broad range of corporate functions, including:
• Corporate Governance
• SEC and NYSE compliance
• Subsidiary Management
• Equity Compensation
• Finance and Treasury
• Investor Relations
• Corporate Communications
• Regulatory / Licensing
SCOPE for the Paralegal:
• It is intended that this role will provide paralegal support in the areas of corporate governance and securities, as well as management of certain corporate governance processes.
ACCOUNTABILITIES for the Paralegal:
• Provide paralegal support to team focused on a broad range of corporate functions, including Corporate Governance; SEC and NYSE compliance; Subsidiary Management; Equity Compensation; Finance and Treasury; Investor Relations; Corporate Communications; Regulatory / Licensing
• Work alongside the team to effectively support US subsidiary corporate governance, including corporate records and database management, filing domestic annual reports with secretary of states, preparation of internal legal documentation (e.g., governing documents, resolutions, consents, delegations of authority) and any other corporate governance needs related to subsidiary governance.
• Help to manage corporate governance processes. Suggest and implement process improvements and otherwise assist where needed. Conduct benchmarking and related research, as needed.
• Research legal issues and engage in fact gathering and checking to provide support on all assigned legal matters.
• Related paralegal experience with public company and/or law firm.
• Strong leadership skills and ability to think strategically.
• Must be an effective communicator, have strong collaboration and inter-personal skills, and have the ability to support legal team with complicated issues.
• Ability to work independently under general direction, with latitude for initiative and independent judgment
• Ability and confidence to analyze complicated issues and communicate observations and recommendations
Interaction (The span and nature of one’s engagement with others when performing one’s job, internal and external relationships)
• Responsible for working with a variety of legal and non-legal stakeholders within and outside client, both in and outside the U.S.
Innovation (The required level of scientific knowledge, knowledge sharing, innovation and risk taking)
• Strong interest to build systems and processes and perform duties in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to help team to manage complex legal and business issues across multiple functions and business units within Takeda.