Website Lenox Executive Search
2 Year Post Doctoral Contract role ONSITE in Lexington, MA. MUST HAVE direct LC-MS base Proteomics experience and proteomics data analytics experience. **There is some flex in rate for the right candidate**
Lenox Executive Search is seeking an experienced Postdoctoral Fellow to fill an 2-Year Onsite contractual role with a large, global pharmaceutical company in Lexington, MA. Wonderful Opportunity to join one of the world’s top ten pharmaceutical companies as a member of their Structural Characterization US team to support cell therapy product characterization at Analytical Development – Biologics (AD-Bio).
REQUREMENTS for the Postdoctoral Fellow:
- Ph.D. in biochemistry, analytical chemistry or related area with relevant research experience is required.
- Excellent knowledge and hands-on experience in biological sample preparation and LC/MS based proteomics.
- Comprehensive understanding of protein biochemistry and molecular biology is highly desired.
- Extensive experience in protein isolation and purification from cells and other biological samples.
- High level of proficiency in quantitative proteomics techniques (e.g. label free, iTRAQ/TMT, SILAC) and peptide fragmentation methods.
- Solid background and broad hands-on experiences with at least one of the Thermo Orbitrap mass spectrometers: Q Exactive, Plus, HF, HF-X or more advanced models.
- Direct experience with UHPLC/nano-HPLC instrumentation is a must.
- Proficiency in software tools such as Xcalibur, MaxQuant, Mascot, Proteome Discoverer, Biopharma Finder and Skyline.
- Experience with downstream data analytics (multi-dimensional data mining, high dimensional data analysis) is a big plus.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to conduct multiple laboratory and project tasks efficiently.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- General lab competencies such as equipment maintenance and compliance activities.
RESPONSIBILITES of the Postdoctoral Fellow:
- Develop and establish mass spectrometry-based proteomics approaches to analyze cell samples to support the development of cell therapy programs.
- Work closely with cell therapy group to characterize cell therapy products and impact clinical programs.
- Interact with cross-functional teams of biologists, bioanalytical scientists and computational scientists.
- Author SOPs, technical reports and manuscripts, as well as present work both internally and externally.
- Evaluate and implement new technology platforms to build Takeda’s scientific capabilities in cell therapy characterization.
- Establish, optimize and maintain the membrane protein characterization workflow using the available resources and apply the workflow to different cell therapy products.
- Design and execute proteomics experiments from sample preparation, LC-MS/MS operation to data analysis & interpretation.
- Keep accurate and complete records of all scientific experiments according to established procedures and ensure that these records and raw data are properly retained.
- Review study results and write proteomics report and other documents as needed.
- Present project updates to the group, department and project teams.
- Prepare oral or poster presentation in scientific conference and publish study approaches/applications in scientific journal if possible.
- Evaluate and bring in new technology platform.
- Take responsibility in instrument/system routine maintenance and troubleshooting of Q Exactive Plus mass spectrometer as well as nano-UPLC systems.