Website Lenox Executive Search
Lenox Executive Search is looking to hire a Process Engineer for a contract position in Lexington, MA with one of our global pharmaceutical clients. The individual will be a key member within a group responsible for performing large scale purification operations/ development, including the capture and purification of non-GMP batches to support development timelines. They will seamlessly collaborate within the framework of cross-functional process development teams including engineers and manufacturing teams. They will possess excellent problem solving abilities, familiarity with bioprocess engineering, and communicate well within our multi-disciplinary environment including manufacturing, quality, and manufacturing technical support teams.
Responsibilities of a Process Engineer:
- Perform non-GMP purification runs (pilot scale) to support new product development, material supply needs and demonstration runs for multiple programs spanning all phases of biopharmaceutical development.
- Support the transfer of all information including long lead items, batch record development, sample plan building, and on-floor support schedules.
- Record, trend, and interpret data in conjunction with key stakeholders.
- Actively participate and interact with Process development groups troubleshooting problems, supporting large scale studies, and supporting project goals.
- Design and develop pilot scale operating procedures and records suitable for use in the production of non-GMP material
- Evaluation and implementation of novel large-scale technologies that meet a generic platform across multiple processes
- Assist in the maintenance of a clean and orderly facility
Education and Experience Requirements of a Process Engineer:
- BA/BS in the Biological Sciences, Engineering, or related fields.
- 3-5 years with a BA/BS or 1-2 years with an MS, work experience must be in a Process Development or Manufacturing setting.
- Hands-on purification experience, UF/DF, Chromatography, Column Packing, etc. is preferred.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite is essential.
- Must have demonstrated ability to work with process owners and members of other cross functional groups (Building Authentic Relationships).
- Must have strong organizational and communication skills, including documentation preparation skills (Global and Cross-Boundary Communication)
- Must have excellent teamwork skills (Building Authentic Relationships).
Complexity and Problem Solving