Website Lenox Executive Search
Lenox Executive Search is seeking an experienced Scientific Programmer to fill a 12 month (Temp-To-Perm) contractual position. The ideal candidate would have demonstrated experience in developing software solutions that address challenging problems within the Pharmaceutical/Biotech Research area, particularly in supporting high throughput screening (HTS) data analysis and visualization workflows. A Masters or PhD in Biology, Biochemistry, or Chemistry is preferred, or a computer science degree with 4+ years at a pharmaceutical or biotech company.
RESPONSIBILITIES of the Scientific Programmer:
- Provide operational support to biology teams by creating and maintaining database stored procedures in Oracle to process research data.
- Create data parsers to integrate instruments and workflows into Genedata
- Migrate existing code to new frameworks.
- Working knowledge of high throughput screening (HTS) data analysis
- Experience working with visualization workflows
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment with Research, Data Science, and Computational Sciences.
REQUIREMENTS for the Scientific Programmer:
- Bachelor’s degree, MS Degree preferred
- 6+ years’ experience in software development, preferably at a pharmaceutical or biotech company
- Scientific background in Biology, Biochemistry, or Chemistry preferred
- Experience in API development and data visualization a big plus
- Experience with AWS strongly preferred
- Experience with Genedata APIs strongly preferred
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $65.00 – $75.00 per hour
- 6 years
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Boston, MA 02210: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- How many years of API development experience do you have?
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Oracle (particularly PL/SQL: 5 years (Required)
- Python: 4 years (Required)
- API development: 4 years (Required)