Website Lenox Executive Search
12++ month Onsite Contract role in Cambridge, MA.
Lenox Executive Search is seeking an experienced Sr. Prinicpal Scientist to fill an 12+ month contractual role with a global pharmaceutical company in Cambridge, MA. Seeking a highly motivated, innovative & experienced scientist with a strong background and proven track record in the fields of oncology, immunology & pharmacology.
REQUIREMENTS for the Sr. Principal Scientist:
- Seeking for a highly motivated individual with a Ph.D. in Oncology, Immunology or a related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in pharmaceutical industry drug discovery and development with a focus on in-vivo efficacy, pharmacology and PK/PD studies
- Scientific understanding of immunology, oncology, biology, biomarker and translatability between experimental models and human patients.
- Demonstrate understanding of multidisciplinary imaging methodologies for real time assessment of MOA studies, efficacy, pharmacokinetics in vivo and ex vivo analysis.
- Significant experience with both small molecules and biologics is required.
- Experience with immune cell biology and cell assay techniques is required.
RESPONSIBILITES of the Sr. Principal Scientist:
The candidate will independently design and execute in vivo
studies to evaluate new targets and advance new drug candidates in the Oncology portfolio. This will include developing and characterizing mouse models of cancer, designing and executing PK/PD and in vivo efficacy studies, and communicating/presenting ideas and data.
- Lead 1-2 technicians, provide management, scientific support and oversee the design and execution of in vivo studies to advance drug candidates through the pipeline of the Company’s Oncology portfolio.
- Develop efficient interactions with collaborators within and outside Oncology.
- Provide scientific expertise, establish, and monitor external scientific collaborations, studies in CROs, monitor & provide critical assessment of competitor activities.
- Recognize, assess, and implement scientific trends.
- Participate in the development and characterization of novel mouse models for immunotherapy and molecular oncology, promote establishment, evolution and characterization of cancer models dedicated to drug discovery and development projects.
- Provide and promote support for operational procedures according to the Company’s values, ethics and security.
- Provide management and scientific support to train lab members and promote their career development.
- Prepare publications, research, and clinical/regulatory documentation.