Website Lenox Executive Search
Lenox Executive Search is seeking an experienced Software Development Programmer/Analyst to fill an 6+ Extendable month contractual role with a global pharmaceutical company in Boston, MA. Must have strong 1-3+ years of industrial experience related to software development.
REQUIREMENTS of the Software Development Programmer/Analyst:
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science, Applied Math, Statistics or a related computational field
- 1-3+ years of industrial experience related to software development
- Agile experience
- Software development for a cross-functional team project, including defining architecture, best practices, and standards to ensure consistent DTE software development
- Strong knowledge of Python programming language.
- Experience with interacting and establishing relational and NoSQL databases (e.g., MySQL, MongoDB)
- Experience with AWS technologies (e.g., Lambda, Fargate, S3, AWS Batch)
- RESTFUL API development to provide data access to the project
- Experience with search engines (e.g., ElasticSearch) preferred.
RESPONSIBILITIES of the Software Development Programmer/Analyst:
We are seeking a Temporary Programmer/Analyst to join Data, Technology and Engineering (DTE) at the Boston, MA site this large Pharma company. This individual is expected to support software development efforts and provide technical guidance to other members for a specific ongoing cross-functional team project with the Preclinical Safety Assessment (PSA) group. The position calls for strong software development skills, experience in implementing RESTFUL APIs and interacting with databases and search engines, and a solid understanding of software engineering practices. The role will be embedded in a SCRUM team and will adhere to Agile principles.
· Software development for a cross-functional team project, including defining architecture, best practices, and standards to ensure consistent DTE software development
· RESTFUL API development to provide data access to the project
· Facilitating hosting of project software components in the AWS ecosystem
· Support and developments of search and data-mining capabilities for project related data sources