Website Lenox Executive Search
Permanent role. Full Time Remote Now! Starting in January 2022 will be 3 Days Remote/2 Days onsite!
- New Position reporting to the Exec Director of Business Intelligence. This is a new role that will sit in the Commercial Org. Candidate does not have to have Pharma Experience.
- Company wants someone hungry that is very smart and has a good AI/Big data/Stats/Machine Learning background.
- Less concerned with pharma experience. Someone who understands & has a good analytical and data science background. Think about business problems differently.
- Will be focused on Oncology Organization (which is a sell as many people want to touch Oncology)
- Visible role – will be doing work that is presented to senior leadership, so big time exposure in this role.
Requirements for the Sr. Manager, Data Scientist:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, or other closely related field.
- Minimum 2-4 years of progressive experience with statistics and advanced analytics such as ROI measurement, regression analysis, and optimization, supporting marketing business applications
- Minimum 2-4 years of pharmaceutical industry experience, including support of Oncology or Institutional Care products
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including experience with presenting to senior management and ability to explain complex concepts to a non-technical audience
- Experience with statistical software, scripting languages, and packages (e.g. R, MATLAB, SAS, and Python)
- Experience with leading projects or project teams
- Considerable experience in solving business problems with advanced analytical solutions
- Proven experience in conducting statistical analysis and building predictive models with advanced scripting language such as R, SPSS, or other analytic tools.
- Strong understanding of statistical methods and skills such as Bayesian Networks Inference, linear and non-linear regression, hierarchical, mixed models/multi-level modeling
Job Summary for the Sr. Manager, Data Scientist:
The Senior Manager, Data Scientist will be a member of the Business Intelligence team supporting the creation of commercial market insights enabling company to fulfill our human healthcare “hhc” mission.
This position will be responsible for developing predictive analytical models leveraging techniques and tools in machine learning and artificial intelligence to provide deeper insights, building capabilities in Data Driven Decision Making aligned to brand strategy and investment priorities.
The Senior Manager, Data Scientist will collaborate with Marketing Insights, Commercial Analytics, Marketing, and Managed Markets teams to provide deeper understanding of relationship between action and results, ultimately contributing towards company’s evolution from “reporting on the past” to “predicting the future”. The role will also work with the Information Technology team to deploy cutting-edge techniques and tools in machine learning/deep learning/artificial intelligence within the company advanced analytics platform. The role will also be involved with company Ecosystem data projects helping to provide analysis to uncover patient insights getting to true patient needs. The role will create relationships with other data scientists within clinical and scientific areas, developing a forum for the data scientists to develop/discuss analytical approaches for projects
The Senior manager will prepare executive summaries of the analysis to be presented to and shared with the executive team members. Analysis developed will incorporate the hhc philosophy along with seeking to gain an understanding of the true patient/customer needs.
Essential Functions of the Sr. Manager, Data Scientist:
- Develop predictive analytics models leveraging diverse data assets to provide a deeper understanding of the future state of marketplaces, therapeutic areas & company products thus enabling the organization to make more informed decisions.
- Articulate a vision and roadmap for the exploitation of data as a valued corporate asset.
- Collaborate with Data Governance and Information Technology to select, acquire and make available data assets in a compliant manner.
- Use advanced analytics methods to extract value from business data.
- Supports modeling and analysis involved with resource decision making, for example, ROI measurements for key marketing tactics.
- Perform large-scale experimentation and build data-driven models to answer business questions.
- Determine requirements that will be used to train and evolve deep learning models and algorithms. Where necessary, support the acquisition of new or updated data assets in support of these models and algorithms.
- Prioritize, scope, and manage data science projects and the corresponding key performance indicators (KPIs) for success.
- Share insights through presentation of data-based recommendations to cross functional and executive teams.
- Provides select ad-hoc analytics support to Commercial teams when applicable.
Company requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide valid proof of vaccination as of their start date, to the extent permitted under state law. This requirement is a condition of employment and it applies regardless of whether the position is located at a Company site, field based or is fully remote. If you are unable to receive the vaccine due to a medical condition (including pregnancy-related), or because of your sincerely held religious beliefs, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.