Website Lenox Executive Search
Lenox Executive Search is seeking a highly motivated Research Associate to join an In Vitro Toxicology Team with a leading global pharmaceutical company based in Boston, MA. This individual will join a team of toxicologists and safety pharmacologists working to design human and preclinical animal in vitro models to support prioritization and de-risking of novel therapeutic agents throughout the drug discovery and development process. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in performing high-throughput assays, including cytotoxicity assessments, and proficient in sterile cell culture techniques. Proficiency in various molecular and cellular technical skills is required. The applicant must be a demonstrated team player, adaptable to changing needs and able to work closely and responsively within their team. This position will work closely with stakeholders from several functional areas including toxicology, chemistry, DMPK, and research. Excellent communication and people skills are required.
- Maintain cell lines and perform weekly cytotoxicity and mitotoxicity assays
- Contribute to the development and implementation of in vitro assays to support the selection and
- de-risking of potential drug candidates through close interactions with discovery toxicologists,
- medicinal chemists, and research functions
- Conduct and report results from in vitro safety profiling experiments
- The qualified candidate will have a BS or MS degree with 2+ years relevant work experience, and
- relevant experience in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology or a related discipline
- Strong technical understanding of general laboratory techniques
- Extensive experience in cell culture and sterile techniques is required
- Experience with flow cytometry and genotoxicity assays desirable, but not required.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills, attention to detail and ability to work independently are required
- Flexible schedule, including willingness to work intermittent weekends, is required
- Maintains accurate and reliable record keeping including database management, notebooks, and all
- other pertinent documentation.
- A desire to be part of a highly innovative company aimed at transforming the lives of people with
- serious diseases, their families and society